Thursday, September 17 | 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM | Avery Courtyard
iBegin@Caltech is a resource fair for new international students. This is the special, opening event of International Student Orientation and features interactive, informational booths focused on issues such as Banking, Driving, Health and Wellness, Immigration, American Culture, and U.S. Classroom Culture.
There will be games, prizes, and food. Name badges, t-shirts, and more will be distributed at this time. Please arrive at 11:30 AM to take advantage of all there will be to see and do.
Themed booths, vendors, and special guests have included:
- Ask-an-American, featuring the American Culture Prize Wheel
- Boost-Your-English-Superpowers - English Language Resources
- Bed Bath & Beyond - Retail Store Offering Student Discounts
- Deserve - MasterCard Credit Card (No SSN required)
- Caltech Payroll - for New Student Employees
- U.S. Banking + Caltech Credit Union
- U.S. Health Care + Caltech Health Center + Counseling Center
- U.S. Health Insurance + Caltech Human Resources (HR) Benefits
- U.S. Classroom Culture + Center for Teaching, Learning & Outreach (CTLO)
- U.S. Immigration + ISP (and cotton candy!)
- U.S. Transportation:
- "Ask Me Anything" booth, hosted by your peer Orientations Leaders
- Orientation Leaders are fellow Caltech international students who have been on campus for at least one academic year. They will be ready to answer any questions that are not covered in the information booths. Your Orientation Leaders will be easily identified by their orange t-shirts and smiling faces.
- Want to know what cell phone provider works best on campus, ask an Orientation Leader!
- Want to know which banks students prefer, ask an Orientation Leader!
- Want to know the best restaurants with student-friendly prices in the neighborhood, ask an Orientation Leader!