The first step to understand the United States educational system is through its vocabulary
- Infant is a new-born baby up to 2 years old
- Toddler is a child from 2 to 4 years old
- Preschooler is a child from 4 to 5 years old
- Daycare, for infants and toddlers
- Preschool, for preschoolers
- Transitional Kindergarten (below 5 years old), Kindergarten (5 years old)
- Elementary School are Grades 1 to 5 (6 years old to 10 years old)
- Middle School are Grades 6 to 8 (11 years old to 13 years old)
- High School are Grades 9 to 12 (14 years old to 18 years old)
Please visit our sub sections for Childcare information, Public School and Private School information and Material Resources for Mothers and Children.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website is for general information only. Caltech does not endorse or recommend any of the organizations listed. Caltech does not inspect the providers and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information or the quality of the supervision or education your child will receive. The choice of your child's care provider and/or school is your responsibility.