While on OPT and STEM, you should receive occasional alerts through the SEVP Portal to confirm your U.S. residential address and U.S. employment. These requests are time sensitive. Update SEVIS through your SEVP Portal Account AND send your update directly to ISP. See below for reporting requirements:
- Street Address:
- City, State:
- Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Employer Name (company name):
- Employer Address (the company address where you work):
STEM-Only Reporting Requirements
Evaluation on Student Progress - Page 5 of Form I-983
STEM participants must submit to ISP the completed evaluation at the end of the first 12 months of work on STEM. We do not require an entirely new I-983 if only the Evaluation Page is needed.
Final Evaluation on Student Programs - Page 5 of Form I-983
24-Month Reporting / End-of-Job Reporting / End-of-Status Reporting
All STEM participants must submit to ISP the completed final evaluation:
- at the completion of your EAD, or
- upon completion of work for the current employer, or
- upon completion of F-1 status (if you obtain H1B status, a green card, or other)
New I-983 for any New Employment or Material Change to Current Employment
- Form I-983 is required for each new employer or change within employment.
- Employer Site Information must include your Direct Supervisor's Name, Phone Number, and Email Address.
- Notify ISP within 10 days of any change in employment, including if you become unemployed.
- Review OPT and STEM OPT information online.
Primary sources for STEM guidance are available here:
Maintaining lawful F-1 status is your responsibility. ISP is available to assist you in understanding your responsibilities if you have any questions.