Connectivity Coaching To Combat Loneliness
As the Cultural and Relocation Advisor, as well as the Facilitator for the Caltech International Spouses Club, for more than 15 years, Barbara Avouac has been assisting international scholars and their families, as well as U.S. citizens, when moving to Southern California.
Barbara Avouac is certified from the International Coaching Federation (ICF), as a Life and Professional coach.
Barbara Avouac's coaching approach includes the following framework:
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships, personal and professional
- Accept and tame your fears, to keep them at bay
- Be aware of your saboteurs
- Be fallible, not perfect
- Turn a situation into an opportunity
- Live healthier and longer
The ability to engage into comfortable relationships with oneself and others is critical to self-worth and happiness. To prevent the feeling from ---ness, such as homesickness, "belongingness", emptiness, "friendlessness", "unsuccessfulness", and your own –ness, it's essential to know how to relate to others in a way that increases security and confidence, instead of being stuck in loneliness.
Start by sending an email to email@example.com to schedule a 30 minute conversation and see if you and Barbara have the necessary "chemistry" to continue coaching together.
- 6-10 confidential sessions/person, to be completed within 6 months.
- Each session is one-on-one and lasts 45 minutes.
- Meetings are on zoom
- Free for the Caltech community (students, postdocs, staff, visitors, and faculty), whether you are an international or U.S. citizen.
- There is a fee for family members. Email Barbara for more information about how to set up a session outside of her business hours.