Science Technology Engineering Mathematics for Children
STEM for Families Weekly Schedule Winter 2019. Please contact the program leader Eugenia Khorosheva Jenia@caltech.edu for any questions.
Caltech and JPL Scientists create and simultaneously test this new model of educating children from Kindergarten grade to 12th (5 years old to 18 years old). Students are divided in small groups and receive a well-rounded education in STEM; it's entirely free, it's volontary-based, and open-source.
How it works? Caltech/JPL families teach their children after work hours in small groups ( 6-12 students per class). They use the best curricula from the globe, and also provide the alternative way of interacting with information on conceptual level. They create their own teaching methods and curricula, which are adequate and beneficial for mastering each given subject.
Mondays, 6 pm -7 pm and 7:10 pm – 8:10 pm:
• Natural Sciences for 7 year old students - coordinated by Elena Mokshanova Owens email@example.com
• Math Circle for 9 -11 year old student s– intermediate level class, coordinated by Wendy Yang firstname.lastname@example.org
• Math Circle for 11-13 year old students – advanced level class, coordinated by Jennifer Mok, Lee Peng email@example.com
Teacher: Lev Tumaykin, firstname.lastname@example.org
. The class is a satellite of the UCLA math circle.
• Physics for 1 3-16 year old students – new class.
Tuesdays, starting 6:00pm and 6:30pm
• Math Circle for 7- 8 year old students - coordinated by Gali Podzemskay email@example.com
Teacher: Dana Soibel, the class is a satellite of the UCLA math circle. The class is full.
• Math Circle for 9 -10 year old students - coordinated by Michelle Chen firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers: Ali Hajimiri, Ulyana Dyudina and Nathan Lee. The class is full.
• New Math Circle for 8 - 10 years old students –
• New Calculus/Physics class –
Teachers: Group parents.
Thursdays, 6:15 pm
• Natural Sciences for 9 -10 years old children – coordinated by Lena Owens email@example.com
Fridays, 5:00 pm
• Math circle for 7-8 year old children – coordinated by Mikalina Efros <Mikalina.Efros@pfizer.com.
Saturdays, 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm
• Calculus/physics class for 14-17 year old students.
It is an introductory calculus class that teaches the fundamentals of Calculus and how they are derived. The teacher will introduce the applications of calculus in Newtonian Physics.
4:15pm - Annenberg Room 106.
Please fill the form if you are interested to join the class - https://goo.gl/forms/l13d9FxGq6pn0mTo1
HELP NEEDED: WE ARE LOOKING FOR NEW TEACHERS IN:
- Math Circles groups: varied age groups – we will provide help with materials and books for this age, if needed!
- Natural Sciences classes: varied age groups.- Coding class for beginners (Python)
HELP NEEDED: WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP IN MANAGING STEM PROGRAM RUNNING ON. If you have great organizational skills, reliability, and talent in working with people, then please contact the program leader Eugenia Khorosheva Jenia@caltech.edu for any questions and for interviews!